Contributing to the sustainable growth of the local economy is a paramount goal, considering the interests of all stakeholders. This entails fostering economic development that benefits not only businesses but also the community at large, ensuring long-term prosperity.
The Key functions would include
- Monitoring the expenditure of the Council in line with the budgetary provisions and Financial Regulations
- Carrying out special Audit Assignments
- Facilitating and evaluating the Risk Management Process
- Producing and submitting Internal Audit Reports to relevant authorities
- Evaluating and reviewing Financial Internal Controls
- Executing Financial Auditing, Revenue Collections for Accountability purposes
- Carrying out the implementation of Audit recommendations
- Controlling receipt custody and utilization of financial resources
- Facilitating financial and operational procedures to ensure value for money
- Auditing procurement and payments in line with accountability and financial procedures and regulations
- Conducting manpower audits in line with the approved budget and work plans.
Responds to the following NDP III Programs
- The Constitution of the Republic of Uganda
- The Uganda Public Standing Orders 2021
- The Budget Act 2023
- The Public Finance Management Act 2015
- The Treasury Instructions 2017
- The Public Finance and Accountability Regulations
- The Local Government Act Cap 243
- The Public Procurement and Disposal Asset Act
- The Local Government Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations 2006
- The Local Government Finance and Accountability Manual 2007
- The Income Tax Act
- The Local Government Internal Audit Manual 2010
Strategic Direction of the department follows
Current Programs and Projects
Finance Department Team
We thank all the people who continue to enable us to accomplish our mission; the local population, the Central Government, all our valuable Partners, and all the well-wishers. We wouldn’t do it without you. Thank you very much.
We are proud of our team and of the work we do at Masaka District Local Government. The road is still very long ahead, but we are sure, with your help, we shall accomplish our mission.
Any questions? Get in touch.
For any questions, clarifications, or suggestions, feel free to write us a message below. We are always eager to hear from our community because it allows us to serve you better. We typically get back to you within 24 hours or less, we reply to all questions and comments, and all suggestions are considered. Most importantly, we never share your personal data with any third party, ever.
Subscribe for Updates!
To receive updates once a week in your email inbox, subscribe to our Newsletter. We never spam you with useless emails, and we never share your email address with any third party.